Explore Thai Restaurant, London Pubs and more!

Explore related topics

The Scots Arms, Wapping - The Scots Arms was situated at 1 Wapping High Street. This pub was demolished in 2004 and is now used as a Thai restaurant.

The Scots Arms, Wapping - The Scots Arms was situated at 1 Wapping High Street. This pub was demolished in 2004 and is now used as a Thai restaurant.

The Bell, Whitechapel - The Bell was situated at 40 Brick Lane. This was a pub from 1839 to 1921 at least.  It is now long-closed and in use as a restaurant.

The Bell, Whitechapel - The Bell was situated at 40 Brick Lane. This was a pub from 1839 to 1921 at least. It is now long-closed and in use as a restaurant.

Queens Head, Whitechapel - The Queens Head was situated at 83 Fieldgate Street. Closed in 2001 and now used as a restaurant. Also known as Taggles

Queens Head, Whitechapel - The Queens Head was situated at 83 Fieldgate Street. Closed in 2001 and now used as a restaurant. Also known as Taggles

Black Bull, Whitechapel - The Black Bull was situated at 199 Whitechapel Road. This pub was present by 1812 and closed in 2007.  It then reopened briefly as Bar Nakoda, before converting to restaurant use shortly afterwards.  Historically I think it had been a Truman’s Brewery pub, but by 1986 it was a free house and had associations with the Leyland and later the Nethergate breweries.  It was really a place for watching TV sport, and you could place a bet on the outcome of pretty much…

Black Bull, Whitechapel - The Black Bull was situated at 199 Whitechapel Road. This pub was present by 1812 and closed in 2007. It then reopened briefly as Bar Nakoda, before converting to restaurant use shortly afterwards. Historically I think it had been a Truman’s Brewery pub, but by 1986 it was a free house and had associations with the Leyland and later the Nethergate breweries. It was really a place for watching TV sport, and you could place a bet on the outcome of pretty much…

Knave Of Clubs, Aldgate - The Knave Of Clubs was situated at 25 Bethnal Green Road. This pub was present by 1735 and closed in 1994, becoming a fancy French restaurant.

Knave Of Clubs, Aldgate - The Knave Of Clubs was situated at 25 Bethnal Green Road. This pub was present by 1735 and closed in 1994, becoming a fancy French restaurant.

Old Red Cow, Stepney - The Old Red Cow was situated at 67 Mile End Road. This pub was present by 1821, quite possibly much earlier.  It was rebuilt in 1895 in a still-striking mix of blue brick and terracotta.  By 1991 the name had changed to Location and it survived under this name until its closure in 1995.  To start with it converted to a Thai restaurant, but this venture seems to have failed and the premises has lain empty since around 2006.

Old Red Cow, Stepney - The Old Red Cow was situated at 67 Mile End Road. This pub was present by 1821, quite possibly much earlier. It was rebuilt in 1895 in a still-striking mix of blue brick and terracotta. By 1991 the name had changed to Location and it survived under this name until its closure in 1995. To start with it converted to a Thai restaurant, but this venture seems to have failed and the premises has lain empty since around 2006.

The White Bear Inn - The site of the old White Bear coaching Inn. Location: 221 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9HP Description: Now demolished (in 1870) and where the Criterion Restaurant stands, is the location of the White Bear Inn. It stood at least since the mid 17th Century. In the latter part of the eighteenth century the White Bear was one of the most important coaching inns in the West End of London. Coaches left from five o'clock every morning for Dover, Margate, Ramsgate, Canterbury and…

The White Bear Inn - The site of the old White Bear coaching Inn. Location: 221 Piccadilly, London, W1J 9HP Description: Now demolished (in 1870) and where the Criterion Restaurant stands, is the location of the White Bear Inn. It stood at least since the mid 17th Century. In the latter part of the eighteenth century the White Bear was one of the most important coaching inns in the West End of London. Coaches left from five o'clock every morning for Dover, Margate, Ramsgate, Canterbury and…

The Frying Pan was situated at 13 Brick Lane. This pub was present by 1839 and rebuilt in its present form in 1891. It closed in 1991 and is now a restaurant. Famous former patrons include Jack the Ripper victim Mary Ann "Polly" Nichols and writer Jack London.

The Frying Pan was situated at 13 Brick Lane. This pub was present by 1839 and rebuilt in its present form in 1891. It closed in 1991 and is now a restaurant. Famous former patrons include Jack the Ripper victim Mary Ann "Polly" Nichols and writer Jack London.

This is the Grave Maurice pub in Whitechapel, one of the places where the Krays conducted business.

This is the Grave Maurice pub in Whitechapel, one of the places where the Krays conducted business.

The Angel, Islington - The Angel was situated at 1 Islington High Street. A former coaching inn, it became a Lyons corner house and is currently a Coop bank. This pub should not be confused with the Angel next door at no. 3 Islington High Street, which is a modern conversion. Thie Angel was purchased in 1921 by Lyons of Corner House fame and opened in 1922 as the Angel Café Restaurant. In the early 1960s it was acquired by the London County Council. Today it is a branch of the Co-operative…

The Angel, Islington - The Angel was situated at 1 Islington High Street. A former coaching inn, it became a Lyons corner house and is currently a Coop bank. This pub should not be confused with the Angel next door at no. 3 Islington High Street, which is a modern conversion. Thie Angel was purchased in 1921 by Lyons of Corner House fame and opened in 1922 as the Angel Café Restaurant. In the early 1960s it was acquired by the London County Council. Today it is a branch of the Co-operative…

Pinterest
Search