The Chapel - Althorp Estate The heraldic stained glass reset in the windows and dated 1588 is from the early Spencer property at Wormleighton in Warwickshire. It remains a functioning place of worship today. Six of the current Earl’s children were Christened here and the chapel is still used by the family for special occasions.
ALTHORP - THE PRINCESS OF WALES ROOM In 1863, the future King Edward VII and his wife, Alexandra, the Princess of Wales, visited the Red Earl (Fifth Earl Spencer), at Althorp. They slept in this room, hence its name. Most of the furniture surrounding the opulent bed is Georgian. The original pattern of the fabric on the four-poster was designed in 1911.