I've had an idea for a while now to breathe some new life into my kitchen cabinets, but I kept pushing it to the back of my mind because I didn't know if it was a good idea or not. It had the potential to be fabulous, but it seemed almost equally likely to be completely hideous. I had almost all the supplies on hand so it wouldn't cost more than about $10, but if I hated it . . . the cabinets would be ruined and there was no going back. I had recently painted all my cabinets with chalk paint so I kept telling myself to leave well enough alone. The cabinets were fine. But what if my idea was a good one . . . I couldn't let it go so last weekend I finally took the plunge. I decided to remove the inset panels of my upper cabinets and replace them with chicken wire.