Pinterest • The world’s catalogue of ideas

Explore Captiva Island Florida, Sanibel Islands and more!

Alligator on Sanibel Island, Florida, USA - www.sanibel-captiva.org. I hope to see one of these

Biking on Sanibel. A great way to really see the Island. Be sure to stop for Ice cream. And go into the campground to see the zoo.

Sanibel Island, FL

. 64 percent of the island is a wildlife refuge. The other 36 percent has no nightlife, no beer bars, many restrictions since the island and a sanctuary too. Restaurants close at 9pm since this island does "dark sky" so no light pointing upward after 9pm. There is no bike riding on the beach or bonfires and a tourist can only access all the beaches by bike or walking. The wildlife is protected so no feeding them or interacting or harassing them either.