Little wonder that the Oxfordshire garden of art dealer, writer and broadcaster Philip Mould, should be so appealing. Mould has had a life-long passion for plants and his 18-acre garden, a combination of wild meadowland and expertly-tended-to formal beds, demonstrates this love of horticulture.
Little Moreton Hall is a moated 15th and 16th-century half-timbered manor house. The earliest parts of the house were built for the prosperous Cheshire landowner Sir Richard de Moreton around 1450; the remainder was constructed in various campaigns by three successive generations of the family until around 1580. The house remained in the ownership of the Moreton family for almost five centuries.