Explore Polperro Cornwall, Britain and more!

Explore related topics

More images of Polperro Cornwall

More images of Polperro Cornwall

Trebarwith Strand is located on the north coast of Cornwall, near Tintagel. The name Trebarwith belongs to a village in Tintagel parish. Trebarwith is mentioned in 1284, held from 1329 to the 1500s by the Lercedekne family. In Oct 1886, Trebarwith saw the shipwreck of the Sarah Anderson.  The setting of the beach has been used as a filming location. “Saving Grace" and “Oscar and Lucinda” both had scenes filmed here. As well, Trebarwith Strand is coastal Illyria in the 1996 "Twelfth Night".

Trebarwith Strand is located on the north coast of Cornwall, near Tintagel. The name Trebarwith belongs to a village in Tintagel parish. Trebarwith is mentioned in 1284, held from 1329 to the 1500s by the Lercedekne family. In Oct 1886, Trebarwith saw the shipwreck of the Sarah Anderson. The setting of the beach has been used as a filming location. “Saving Grace" and “Oscar and Lucinda” both had scenes filmed here. As well, Trebarwith Strand is coastal Illyria in the 1996 "Twelfth Night".

Dupath Well (Cornish: Fenton Hynsladron Eng: 'Robber's Path') is a nearly intact wellhouse, constructed of local granite, built over a spring. Built of Cornish granite ashlar, it has a steeply-pitched corbelled roof, built from courses of granite slabs th

Dupath Well (Cornish: Fenton Hynsladron Eng: 'Robber's Path') is a nearly intact wellhouse, constructed of local granite, built over a spring. Built of Cornish granite ashlar, it has a steeply-pitched corbelled roof, built from courses of granite slabs th

Bonython Manor near Cury, Cornwall, is an estate garden on the Lizard peninsula. Since 1999 the owners have been Mr & Mrs Richard Nathan. Location: It is located five miles (8 km) south of Helston, on the main A3083 Helston to Lizard Road, turn left at Cury Cross Lanes (Wheel Inn) and the entrance is 300 yd (270 m) on the right. Garden: Magnificent 20-acre (81,000 m2) colour garden including sweeping hydrangea drive to a Georgian manor house (not open to the public). Herbaceous walled…

Bonython Manor near Cury, Cornwall, is an estate garden on the Lizard peninsula. Since 1999 the owners have been Mr & Mrs Richard Nathan. Location: It is located five miles (8 km) south of Helston, on the main A3083 Helston to Lizard Road, turn left at Cury Cross Lanes (Wheel Inn) and the entrance is 300 yd (270 m) on the right. Garden: Magnificent 20-acre (81,000 m2) colour garden including sweeping hydrangea drive to a Georgian manor house (not open to the public). Herbaceous walled…

Porth Navas (Cornish: Porth an Navas) is a small village in Cornwall. It is at the head of the west end of Port Navas Creek, part of the Helford River, near Mawnan Smith and Falmouth. It lies within the civil parish of Constantine.  Porth Navas's prosperity – for jobs, living and recreation – depends on its once pristine beauty as part of the Helford River. A campaign group has been established in the village to protect and preserve Port Navas Quay – a Grade II site which has been visually…

Porth Navas (Cornish: Porth an Navas) is a small village in Cornwall. It is at the head of the west end of Port Navas Creek, part of the Helford River, near Mawnan Smith and Falmouth. It lies within the civil parish of Constantine. Porth Navas's prosperity – for jobs, living and recreation – depends on its once pristine beauty as part of the Helford River. A campaign group has been established in the village to protect and preserve Port Navas Quay – a Grade II site which has been visually…

Mevagissey (Cornish: Lannvorek) is a village, fishing port and civil parish in Cornwall. The village is situated approximately five miles (8 km) south of St Austell.  The village nestles in a small valley and faces east to Mevagissey Bay. The inner and outer harbours are busy with a mixture of pleasure vessels and working fishing boats, the remains of a once major industry. However, tourism has supplanted fishing as the dominant industry in recent years.  Mevagissey village centre consists…

Mevagissey (Cornish: Lannvorek) is a village, fishing port and civil parish in Cornwall. The village is situated approximately five miles (8 km) south of St Austell. The village nestles in a small valley and faces east to Mevagissey Bay. The inner and outer harbours are busy with a mixture of pleasure vessels and working fishing boats, the remains of a once major industry. However, tourism has supplanted fishing as the dominant industry in recent years. Mevagissey village centre consists…

Tolverne, also known as Smugglers, is a small 500 year old cottage in south Cornwall. It is situated on the Roseland Peninsula on the River Fal, between Truro and St Mawes. Smugglers has always been a part of the historic Tregothnan estate, and was tenanted by the Newman family from 1934. A hub for maritime activities for centuries including a critical role in the build-up to the D-Day landings of 1944. The cottage was originally built as a ferryman’s home in the 15th century.

Tolverne, also known as Smugglers, is a small 500 year old cottage in south Cornwall. It is situated on the Roseland Peninsula on the River Fal, between Truro and St Mawes. Smugglers has always been a part of the historic Tregothnan estate, and was tenanted by the Newman family from 1934. A hub for maritime activities for centuries including a critical role in the build-up to the D-Day landings of 1944. The cottage was originally built as a ferryman’s home in the 15th century.

Camborne (Cornish: Kammbronn, 'Crooked Hill') is a town and civil parish in west Cornwall. It is at the western edge of a conurbation comprising Camborne, Pool and Redruth. The population of Camborne was 20,010 at the 2001 census. By 2011 the population had grown to 20,845. In the same year the population of the Camborne-Redruth urban area, which also includes Carn Brea, Illogan and several satellite villages, stood at 55,400 making it the largest conurbation in Cornwall. The following…

Camborne (Cornish: Kammbronn, 'Crooked Hill') is a town and civil parish in west Cornwall. It is at the western edge of a conurbation comprising Camborne, Pool and Redruth. The population of Camborne was 20,010 at the 2001 census. By 2011 the population had grown to 20,845. In the same year the population of the Camborne-Redruth urban area, which also includes Carn Brea, Illogan and several satellite villages, stood at 55,400 making it the largest conurbation in Cornwall. The following…

Trevellas is a village in Cornwall,  situated midway between St Agnes and Perranporth.  It was first recorded as a place in Cornwall in 1302 and was the site of the Trevelles family manor. Trevellas valley was a mining site for centuries and known as the "Blue Hills" coloured by bluish slate. During World War II the nearby Perranporth airport was used as a Royal Air Force base. Painter John Opie was born in Trevellas.  Geography:   There are many scenic cliff path walks around the area…

Trevellas is a village in Cornwall, situated midway between St Agnes and Perranporth. It was first recorded as a place in Cornwall in 1302 and was the site of the Trevelles family manor. Trevellas valley was a mining site for centuries and known as the "Blue Hills" coloured by bluish slate. During World War II the nearby Perranporth airport was used as a Royal Air Force base. Painter John Opie was born in Trevellas. Geography: There are many scenic cliff path walks around the area…

Pinterest • The world’s catalogue of ideas
Search