House demolition in progress: One moment, a house with all its idiosyncrasies stood there. The next moment, it has vanished, replaced by an immaculately empty space that belies its history. It is sad and eerie at the same time.
Women's Gymnasium, view from across Park Place. It opened in 1909 and originally served both men and women. In 1923 it became the women's gym once a new men's gymnasium (Bentley) opened. The Women's Gym was demolished in 1966 to make room for Alden Library. :: Ohio University Archives
McGuffey Elms being removed from College Green. The Elms were planted on College Green in 1839 as a beautification effort by William Holmes McGuffey, Ohio University's 4th president. The last of the elms had to be cut down in 1959 due to disease. :: Ohio University Archives