Explore Ans Stitch, Stitch Size and more!

Explore related topics

I used beaded decor trim at the bottom of the separate lined top. The fasteners on back is just ribbon ties so she can grow some. The shoulder adornment is pleated, steamed, and basted to secure. All lamme box pleating requires zigzag stitch or the needle will slice the trim, regardless of needle ans stitch size

I used beaded decor trim at the bottom of the separate lined top. The fasteners on back is just ribbon ties so she can grow some. The shoulder adornment is pleated, steamed, and basted to secure. All lamme box pleating requires zigzag stitch or the needle will slice the trim, regardless of needle ans stitch size

Frozen Elsa dress. I wanted to make since she gets rashes from scratchy costume fabric--that would be an unpleasant Disney trip. I lined the entire top with soft cotton fabric from a sheet. I used ribbon ties as fasteners so she could grow with, and ribbon belt loops to keep things in place. The sleeves are a sheer cotton blend Swiss dot.

Frozen Elsa dress. I wanted to make since she gets rashes from scratchy costume fabric--that would be an unpleasant Disney trip. I lined the entire top with soft cotton fabric from a sheet. I used ribbon ties as fasteners so she could grow with, and ribbon belt loops to keep things in place. The sleeves are a sheer cotton blend Swiss dot.

Patriotic, 4th of July from my aunt's 70s pattern  with which she made outfits for us. Vintage seersucker, created lining from pattern, added vintage trim and new unused buttons, seam binding for ties.

Patriotic, 4th of July from my aunt's 70s pattern with which she made outfits for us. Vintage seersucker, created lining from pattern, added vintage trim and new unused buttons, seam binding for ties.

I submitted to one hot, sweaty, exhausted picture just for proof that I made matching dresses. I'm glad I did because the dryer caught my embroidered ties and ripped them and now I have the mend it.

I submitted to one hot, sweaty, exhausted picture just for proof that I made matching dresses. I'm glad I did because the dryer caught my embroidered ties and ripped them and now I have the mend it.

Willy Wonka costume: Size16 women's suit from thrift store, vest, shirt, and scarf from my collection. Bought thrifted pants. Made hat from felt and ribbon and used for many previous costumes

Willy Wonka costume: Size16 women's suit from thrift store, vest, shirt, and scarf from my collection. Bought thrifted pants. Made hat from felt and ribbon and used for many previous costumes

For daughter's #kawaii #lolita room, version #2 with #green walls. Formerly black and hung utensils, I had more ribbons hanging and with bows attached. But the daughter keeps retrieving them...

For daughter's #kawaii #lolita room, version #2 with #green walls. Formerly black and hung utensils, I had more ribbons hanging and with bows attached. But the daughter keeps retrieving them...

Modern pattern but vintage trim and button

Modern pattern but vintage trim and button

Made nightgown with a vintage pattern from a sheet that got torn. Used the elasticized edges for arms. Made it easy to let out elastic as she grows. Very large hem so I can let out and add more vintage lace trim at bottom when length needed. Finally, found similar adult patter to use flat sheet for my own night gown and we can use pillowcases when we wear.

Made nightgown with a vintage pattern from a sheet that got torn. Used the elasticized edges for arms. Made it easy to let out elastic as she grows. Very large hem so I can let out and add more vintage lace trim at bottom when length needed. Finally, found similar adult patter to use flat sheet for my own night gown and we can use pillowcases when we wear.

My daughter chose the colors, fabric, pattern style elements to build a Frozen dress that was part Elsa. I added vintage rhinestone trim around neckline. I cut around the snowflakes in the contrast fabric  and tacked in front of skirt instead of removing in the seam.

My daughter chose the colors, fabric, pattern style elements to build a Frozen dress that was part Elsa. I added vintage rhinestone trim around neckline. I cut around the snowflakes in the contrast fabric and tacked in front of skirt instead of removing in the seam.

Trim was important; I opted against a ruffled edge for a sequin or brocade. The size and color were surprisingly particular. Any larger and the trim would have overwhelmed the collar especially when turning the corner. Any smaller and the trim would not have had any enough emphasis against the bold stripe of the seersucker. An equally bold but complementary color was needed to stand out against the seersucker as well. Gold or red brocade would have worked but sacrificed patriotic effect.

Trim was important; I opted against a ruffled edge for a sequin or brocade. The size and color were surprisingly particular. Any larger and the trim would have overwhelmed the collar especially when turning the corner. Any smaller and the trim would not have had any enough emphasis against the bold stripe of the seersucker. An equally bold but complementary color was needed to stand out against the seersucker as well. Gold or red brocade would have worked but sacrificed patriotic effect.

Pinterest • The world’s catalogue of ideas
Search