This Elwood Bar & Grill was built in 1936 in the Art Moderne style. The façade is covered with enameled steel panels. In 1997, it was moved here next to Comerica Park (Tiger Stadium). The Elwood was named after its original location four blocks away at the corner of Elizabeth Street and Woodward Avenue. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.