Bath Abbey Anglican church of St's Peter Paul. Major rework was done by Sir George Gilbert Scott in the 1860s. Perpendicular Gothic architecture. An active church, its cruciform design seats 1200. Houses war memorials monuments in plaques stained glass. It has two organs and a peal of ten bells. The west front has sculptures of angels climbing to heaven on two stone ladders. There is a heritage museum in the vaults.