St Mary & St David, Norman chuch, Kilpeck. Once adjacent to Benedictine monastery, 1140 AD. Kilpeck was gifted to the splendidly-named William fitz Norman after Conquest and church as we know it was commissioned by his son, Hugh. dates from late in Norman period and yet it is awash with most elaborate carvings, many of a distinctly un-christian nature. Celtic, Scandinavian, Anglo-Saxon and pagan imagery vies with Christian iconography in a riot of dragons, warriors, monsters and animals.