This two-story "Cracker" house was built in 1889 by William H. Tatum and his two step-sons as the home for his wife and children. Over the years, the house was expanded to accommodate the couple's thirteen children. One of the oldest examples of rural architecture in Sarasota County today, it was relocated to the Crowley Center and restored to its 1892 appearance.
Replacing the original roofing was a must, so Drummond stayed within the local vernacular by choosing a metal roof, albeit in a non-traditional style. Bumping out the back corner of the house eliminated the original porch. A new wraparound back porch solved that problem. - CountryLiving.com