The original street bollards were French cannons captured at the battle of Trafalgar in 1805, placed on corners to stop the iron wagon wheels of carts from damaging the kerbs. Once the real cannons were used up, copies were made and are still seen on the streets of London today. Today’s replacements are now of the plastic variety. The one pictured above however is an original French cannon which stands on the Southbank near to Shakespeare’s Globe.
Amish Pine Outdoor Country Bench Planter with Plastic Pot