Fort Cumberland Arms, Eastney. Built in the 1920s and has a beer garden.

Fort Cumberland Arms, Eastney. Built in the 1920s and has a beer garden.

The Star and Garter in Copnor dates from the 1920s and has its original green glazed brick exterior.

The Star and Garter in Copnor dates from the 1920s and has its original green glazed brick exterior.

The Mermaid, Copnor, was built to a design by A E Cogswell in 1900 and is little changed inside.

The Mermaid, Copnor, was built to a design by A E Cogswell in 1900 and is little changed inside.

The Mars, Landport, was built in 1923 and designed by A E Cogswell. It is incongruously surrounded by council flats.

The Mars, Landport, was built in 1923 and designed by A E Cogswell. It is incongruously surrounded by council flats.

The Eldon Arms, dating from 1899, has bags of character.

The Eldon Arms, dating from 1899, has bags of character.

5th Hants Volunteer Arms in Southsea where little has changed since Victorian times.

5th Hants Volunteer Arms in Southsea where little has changed since Victorian times.

The Florist public house, Fratton Road has a 1928 facade. It was built as a coach house in 1869, making it one of the oldest pubs in Portsmouth

The Florist public house, Fratton Road has a 1928 facade. It was built as a coach house in 1869, making it one of the oldest pubs in Portsmouth

The Festing in Southsea is a Victorian pub designed by A H Bone and built near to the long defunct East Southsea Railway Station.

The Festing in Southsea is a Victorian pub designed by A H Bone and built near to the long defunct East Southsea Railway Station.

The Trafalgar in Landport is a Grade II Listed building, formerly a Churdh of England Soldiers and Sailors Institute.

The Trafalgar in Landport is a Grade II Listed building, formerly a Churdh of England Soldiers and Sailors Institute.

The Electric Arms in Fratton Road. Designed by A E Cogswell and opened in 1924, replacing earlier pubs on the same site.

The Electric Arms in Fratton Road. Designed by A E Cogswell and opened in 1924, replacing earlier pubs on the same site.

Pinterest
Search