BOTALLACK MINES | Cornwall: 'West Wheal Owles is the one re-named "Wheal Leisure" in the 2015 "Poldark" TV series. The top etching is by T.J. Blight.'     ✫ღ⊰n

BOTALLACK MINES | Cornwall: 'West Wheal Owles is the one re-named "Wheal Leisure" in the 2015 "Poldark" TV series. The top etching is by T.J. Blight.' ✫ღ⊰n

BUST OF JOHN WESLEY | Altarnun, Cornwall: 'The sculptor was Neville Northey Burnard, who was born in one of the adjoining houses, carved the bust when he was 16, and went on to work widely in London as well as in his home county.'     ✫ღ⊰n

BUST OF JOHN WESLEY | Altarnun, Cornwall: 'The sculptor was Neville Northey Burnard, who was born in one of the adjoining houses, carved the bust when he was 16, and went on to work widely in London as well as in his home county.' ✫ღ⊰n

HOLMBUSH MINE | Near St Austell, Cornwall: 'Lies just north of the village of Kelly Bray, to the northwest of Kit Hill in the Callington Mining District of East Cornwall. The mine was known to have been at work from at least 1845 and produced lead and silver as well as copper ore. It was abandoned in 1893.' ✫ღ⊰n

HOLMBUSH MINE | Near St Austell, Cornwall: 'Lies just north of the village of Kelly Bray, to the northwest of Kit Hill in the Callington Mining District of East Cornwall. The mine was known to have been at work from at least 1845 and produced lead and silver as well as copper ore. It was abandoned in 1893.' ✫ღ⊰n

OGHAM STONE | St James' Church, near Wadebridge, Cornwall: 'The present church was built in the 15th century, but is believed to be the site of the former Chapel and cemetery of one of the earliest Celtic monasteries in Cornwall, reputedly founded by St Docco. There are few indications of the monastery although a small stone at the back of the church, inscribed “Justi” in both Latin and Ogam characters, was probably a memorial to a monk of the fifth century.'     ✫ღ⊰n

OGHAM STONE | St James' Church, near Wadebridge, Cornwall: 'The present church was built in the 15th century, but is believed to be the site of the former Chapel and cemetery of one of the earliest Celtic monasteries in Cornwall, reputedly founded by St Docco. There are few indications of the monastery although a small stone at the back of the church, inscribed “Justi” in both Latin and Ogam characters, was probably a memorial to a monk of the fifth century.' ✫ღ⊰n

CROSS | Quethiock, Cornwall: (Cornish: from Koosek, meaning "forested place")     ✫ღ⊰n

CROSS | Quethiock, Cornwall: (Cornish: from Koosek, meaning "forested place") ✫ღ⊰n

MINER'S HAT | Cornwall

MINER'S HAT | Cornwall

Pinterest • The world’s catalogue of ideas
Search