Bearded dragon lizard saved by fire crews from blazing enclosure and revived with oxygen
Faith in humanity restored #4. Saved: Thorn the bearded dragon gets oxygen. Firefighters were called when a bulb overheated and dropped into the lizard’s home, known as a vivarium, setting a piece of wood alight. Two fire crews rushed to the scene and entered the smoke-filled building wearing breathing apparatus to rescue two-year-old Thorn from the basement of the house. West Midlands Fire Service, England by SWNS
John MccNaughton / West Midlands Fire Service via EPA West Midland firefighters tackle a large blaze at a recycling plant called J & A Young, Dartmouth Road, Smethwick, England on July 1, 2013. More than 150 firefighters worked on the blaze involving 100,000 tons of plastic recycling material sending a plume of smoke is rising 6,000 feet into the air.