G. KELLY pie and mash shop front ca. 1940 - George Kelly opened the shop in 1937. By the mid 1950’s the shop had been bought by George’s brother in-law, Bill Kingdon. Bill’s daughter, Sue, owns the shop today.
Mosaics of Roman Britain: Venus. Bignor Roman Villa, Sussex. This mosaic, recognised as one of the finest in Britain, is usually identified as Venus, although it may have been the head of a mere mortal, perhaps based on the lady of the house. The image is flanked by long-tailed birds and winged cupids dressed as gladiators.