Osborne House on the Isle of Wight. Osborne House is a former royal residence in East Cowes, Isle of Wight, UK. The house was built between 1845 and 1851 for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert as a summer home and rural retreat. Prince Albert designed the house himself in the style of an Italian Renaissance palazzo. Queen Victoria died here.
In 1624, the land formed part of the estates of the Bishop of Lichfield. Eight acres of land together with a Manor House were purchased at the time by William Anson, a local lawyer, for the princely sum of £1000.