Stepcote, Exeter, Devon - This street is one of the oldest surviving parts of Exeter, located in the West Quarter. Its name comes from the Old English word for steep. The hill has been used as the main route into Exeter from the river since Roman times.
The oldest surviving crown of an English queen, 1370-80. Gold, enamel, sapphires, rubies, emeralds, diamonds, pearls. Recorded in England in a list of jewels and plate drawn up in 1399. Probably belonged to King Edward III or Anne of Bohemia, the wife of King Richard II, who was deposed that year by Henry IV. Henry's daughter, Princess Blanche, married the Palatine Elector Ludwig III in 1402 and the crown passed to the Palatine Treasury in Heidelberg as part of her dowry.