Pinterest • The world’s catalogue of ideas

X-Chromosomal Translocation and Segmental Hypopigmentation — NEJM hypomelanosis of Ito

Chromosomal translocation...

Chromosomal translocation & associated neoplasms...

Chromosomal translocation

1

Ewing/PNET characteristic t(11;22) (q24;q12) leading to EWS-FLI1 fusion is encountered in 85% of Ewing Sarcoma/PNET cases. The majority of remaining cases (10-15%) demonstrate fusion of the EWS gene with a second member of the ETS family of genes, namely ERG. The EWS-ERG fusion occurs as a result of chromosomal translocation t(21;22)(q22;q12)

BCR-ABL1 is a fusion gene formed as a result of the t(9;22)(q34;q11) chromosomal translocation, the translocation that results in the formation of the Philadelphia chromosome. The Abelson murine le...

1

Scientists decipher the molecular basis of an as yet incurable leukemia in children - Although intensive research over the least decade has led to significant improvement of the survival rates of children suffering from ALL, a subset of patients still remains resistant to treatment. One such example is a very aggressive and incurable subtype associated with a t(17;19) chromosomal translocation, which occurs due to breakage and aberrant fusion of genetic material in the tumour cells…

1

The chromosomal translocation characteristic of 70 percent of MCL(Mantel Cell Lymphoma) cases occurs between chromosomes 11 and 14 resulting in the overexpression of cyclinD1

3

Janet Rowley - Discover of chromosomal translocations leading to disease. Did this at the University of Chicago while working part time and raising her family. Awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom by Barak Obama

#NIH scientists visualize how #cancer chromosome abnormalities form in living cells. (Image: A chromosome translocation visualized in 3D) irp.nih.gov

4